By accessing, browsing and/or using this Site, you acknowledge you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the policy provided herein. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use this Site and exit the Site immediately.
1. Personal Data
- Through our Site, we will not collect any data about you from which you can be identified, regardless of whether such data is true or false or whether it is in electronic or other form, such as your full name, identification numbers and personal contact details (“Personal Data”), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by registration, negotiations with Guides and Travelers through our Site), respectively, provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your Personal Data.
- Do note that any data provided by you not solely for personal purposes may not be considered Personal Data.
2. Purpose of Use
- We will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data as reasonably necessary for the following purposes:
- respond to your inquiry;
- process and manage your payments and booking;
- manage your account;
- manage disputes between you and other users or visitors of the Site and monitor the performance of our Guides;
- provide you access to specific information or offers;
- better understand your needs and how we can improve our services;
- contact you about an offer or promotion by us in support of your travel or guiding needs; or
- carry out any other action in accordance with the relevant Terms.
If you choose not to have your Personal Data used to support your relationship with us, we will respect your choice. Do note that we may not be able to serve you if you do not allow us to collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the purposes stated in Clause 2.1 and your accounts registered with us will be terminated with immediate effect. You may inform us of your decision to withdraw your consent to the aforesaid use of your Personal Data by contacting our Data Protection Officer (contact details below) or by sending an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
We do not sell or otherwise market your Personal Data to third parties.
We will collect, use or disclose Personal Data supplied by you only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the disclosure made is permitted by law.
3. Access to Personal Data
You may send us a written request for access to your Personal Data ("Access Request") and we will provide you with the following as soon as reasonably possible from the date of the Access Request:
- Personal Data about you that are in our possession or under our control; and
- Information about the ways in which such Personal Data have been or may have been used or disclosed by us within a year before the date of your request.
We may deny, in part or in full, an Access Request where the Access Request is made in respect of:
- opinion data kept solely for an evaluative purpose;
- Personal Data which is subject to legal privilege
- Personal Data which, if disclosed, would reveal confidential commercial information that could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm our competitive position;
- any request —
- that would unreasonably interfere with our operations because of the repetitious or systematic nature of the requests;
- if the burden or expense of providing access would be unreasonable to us or disproportionate to the your interests;
- for information that does not exist or cannot be found;
- for information that is trivial; or
- that is otherwise frivolous or vexatious; or
- any other Personal Data for which we are not required to grant access to under the laws of Singapore.
We will deny, in part or in full, an Access Request if the provision of your Personal Data and other information, as the case may be:
- could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of another individual;
- could reasonably be expected to reveal Personal Data about another individual; or
- is otherwise prohibited under the laws of Singapore.
Do note that we are unable to provide access to or information on any Personal Data disclosed by us to a prescribed law enforcement agency if such disclosure was made without your consent in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act ("PDPA") or under any other written law.
We may charge you a minimal fee of [$10] for providing access to your Personal Data in order to recover the costs of responding to your Access Request.
4. Correction of Personal Data
You may email us at [DPO@meguideu.com] for all other requests for correction of your Personal Data. Please note that we may request proof of identity (such as a copy of your identity card or driving license) for verification purposes. We will correct your Personal Data in our possession or under our control unless we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that the correction should not be made. We will inform you of our decision within 14 days of receiving your request.
Under Singapore law, we are not required to correct Personal Data made in respect of the following:
- opinion data kept solely for an evaluative purpose; and
- a document related to a prosecution if all proceedings related to the prosecution have not been completed.
In the event that we deny a request for correction of Personal Data, we will annotate your Personal Data in our possession or under our control with the correction that was requested but not made.
Once a correction is made, we will send your corrected Personal Data to every other organisation to which the Personal Data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made unless that organisation no longer needs the corrected Personal Data for any legal or business purpose.
5. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data until it is reasonable to assume that:
- the purpose for which that Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the Personal Data; and
- Retention of such data is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
We will either anonymise Personal Data referred to in Clause 5.a) or destroy all files or documents that contain such Personal Data.
6. Accuracy of Personal Data
Where required under the laws of Singapore, we will make a reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Data collected by or on behalf of us is accurate and complete.
Agents and resellers who register for an account with us are required, under the relevant Terms, to maintain true, accurate, current and complete information about themselves on the Site.
7. Data Intermediaries
Your Personal Data may be processed on behalf of us by certain third-party organisations who are not our employees ("Data Intermediaries").
In dealing with Data Intermediaries, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that our obligations under the PDPA and other relevant laws are not breached. Such measures may consist of including additional requirements in our written contracts with Data Intermediaries to ensure that our Data Intermediaries fulfill our obligations under the PDPA when processing your Personal Data on our behalf.
8. Non-Personal Data Collected Automatically
When you access our Site, we may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-Personal Data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Site from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed). We may use this data and share it with our worldwide affiliates to monitor the attractiveness of our Site and improve their performance or content.
When you view our Site, we may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your computer next time you visit. Cookies can help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor our Site to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time. If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
You must be at least 18 years old to visit or register an account on the Site. We will only collect, use or store personal information of individuals made available to us by persons above 18 years of age.
We will take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data in our possession or under our control to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
12. Links to Other Sites
Our Sites contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites.
13. Questions and Comments
Data Protection Officer
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our pages. You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice to you of the changes. You agree that your continued use of our services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified policy.